What is Vāstu?
Vāstu, sometimes referred to as Vedic Feng Shui can be called the yoga of space and place. This is a sister science closely aligned with the principles of Ayurvedic medicine and Vedic astrology. Rooted in the ancient Sthapatya Veda (a branch of the Atharva Veda), Vāstu focuses on aligning our homes and work spaces with the natural energies of the universe. We can think of our house as the antenna on a t.v. for which the energies of the outer universe are channeled into our inner universe.
We often get a natural ‘’gut feeling’’ of a space when we walk in to it. The way a space is laid out, the furniture, the amount of natural light, and the colors used on the walls all influence this feeling.
Vāstu is the science of understanding this form of prana. How all these factors align with our own internal prana and how to best influence them for our benefit. Our homes are often the place we spend most of our time and this influence on us is important in creating health and happiness within. They also play a role in how we engage and influence the world around us. In a Vāstu consultation for your home or business we will assess your space together in detail and create the means for which to correct for most optimal flow of energy. (available online or in person)
What is included in a Vāstu consultation?
- Full Vāstu assessment of property, home, individual rooms, and property features.
- Individualized assessment of strengths and weaknesses in home and importance of corrections.
- Recommended remedial measures specific to your space.
- Recommended remedial measures for your individual needs and that of any other occupants for cultivating fertility, health, learning, wealth, spirituality, relationships, etc.
- In depth information on proper placement of specific features within the home and rooms.
- Compass analysis of property and alignment with cardinal directions.
- Hard copy report of findings and recommendations.
What is needed from me?
Vāstu consultations do not require home visits. You will need to be able to draw a floor plan of your house. Taking pictures and/or video is often quite helpful. We will briefly discuss any primary issues you want to address with this consultation before sending me these documents. After time for assessment (usually within a week), we will arrange a time for an in person meeting, phone call, or FaceTime to further discuss the needs of your home or office. I will present my recommendations, and answer any questions you might have. Vāstu is a collaborative art and most clients find it very helpful and a lot of fun to learn and experience the positive changes that come with it. To schedule an appointment, you can go to my contact page by